I’d like to invite you to join me and other ladies on my blog, Facebook page, and Instagram to pray for several specific things this weekend.
If you haven’t already prepared your heart, please read this post about repentance and spiritual warfare.
As Christian Wives, Let’s Invite God to Do BIG, MIRACULOUS Things Together!
- Pray that we all might grow like crazy in our faith in Christ and that we might be conformed more and more to the image of Christ. Pray that we will seek Him and love Him with all our hearts, minds, souls, and strength. And that we will love others with His love.
- Pray for hurting wives, husbands, marriages, and families here on my sites who need the healing power of Christ to make them whole.
- Pray for prodigal husbands and children of wives and moms here who need to find salvation and new life in Christ that the Holy Spirit may open their eyes and that they might come to Christ while there is still time.
- Pray for wives/moms of unbelieving husbands and children to act in the power of the Holy Spirit to set a godly example that will attract their family members and others to the Lord and honor the Lord.
- Pray for God to draw millions to Himself here in America and in every country. Pray for a mighty spirit of repentance, humility, and revival to sweep the continents for His glory.
- Pray that God might prepare and equip each of us to be salt and light in this time of great darkness, that He would empower us to be very fruitful for His kingdom.
THEN, let’s praise and thank God for all that He is about to do!
Let’s Add Fasting to Our Praying, Dear Sisters!
I would like to encourage you to prayerfully consider fasting in some way over the weekend.
For a meal.
For a day.
For two days.
For three days.
There are many ways to fast:
1. A total fast – eat and drink nothing (be sure this is okay with your doctor if you have any significant health issues).
2. A food fast – drink water but eat no food (again if you are healthy and your doctor is okay with it.).
3. A liquid fast – drink only liquids (juice, milk, etc… but keep in mind if you only drink juice, your blood sugar may bottom out after two hours).
4. A Daniel fast – Only drink water and eat plant-based food (grains, vegetables, fruits, and nuts).
5. A specific food fast – Abstain from sugar, coffee, or treats.
6. A social media fast – Stay off of social media.
7. A screen fast – Stay off of the internet and abstain from watching TV or movies. You may also want to abstain from worldly leisure books.
8. A sexual fast – This is for married couples to agree upon together so they will seek the Lord in prayer and abstain from sex for a certain limited time frame.
You can combine several types of fasting when you are facing a very serious situation so that you can more completely devote yourself to prayer and seeking the Lord.
Additional Spiritual Weapons to Use This Weekend
- Sing praises to God at the top of our lungs.
- Listen to worship music that exalts Jesus as King.
- Proclaim God’s truth from His Word and His promises out loud.
- Thank God for His goodness and blessings.
You are welcome to join in the fasting and praying in the comments!
Resource about Fasting
10 Reasons to Consider Fasting – also included, types of fasting, reasons to fast, and verses about fasting