There is a massive onslaught of evil going on that is trying to destroy individuals, marriages, families, churches, and even nations.
The real enemy is spiritual and he always uses the same strategies:
- Introduce lies and delusions to deceive people.
- Divide people and get them to fight each other and see one another as enemies.
- Steal from people the blessings and gifts God has given.
- Kill and destroy people, relationships, and societies.
- Create hatred and fear.
- Appeal to people’s pride so they will forsake God’s Word and trust and exalt themselves, instead.
Sadly, many people fall for these same battle strategies every time.
This is a spiritual battle. So our approach must be with spiritual weapons. Fighting people will NOT work! It only creates more destruction.
Those who know Christ as Savior and Lord of all in our lives have access to spiritual weapons through Jesus and His finished work on the cross and in His resurrection.
Jesus already reigns in victory over the enemy, sin, death, and the grave. Now we take part in the battle. But not in our own power. We must only act in the power and authority of Jesus, seeking His will, and inviting His Spirit to work in and through us and others.
Let’s join forces in spiritual battle, sisters!
I’d like to really focus on coming together in this spiritual battle over the next week.
Our spiritual weapons include:
– Praising God
– Repentance from sin
– The sword of the Spirit, the Bible
– The Holy Spirit
– The victory and righteousness of Christ
– Individual and corporate prayer
– Taking our thoughts captive to obey Christ
We are to put on the full armor of God (Eph. 6:13-17)
– The helmet of salvation
– The shield of faith
– The belt of truth
– The breastplate of righteousness
– Feet ready to share the gospel
If we are to come together to pray over our husbands, marriages, families, and nations in power, we must properly prepare our hearts and put on the full armor of God.
Step one = personal repentance and humility
The first thing we must do is repent of any sin in our own lives and humble ourselves before the Lord.
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chron. 7:142 Chron. 7:14
Then we will be able to join together to pray in the Holy Spirit’s power and unity. More to come on this!
This Weekend’s Challenge
Repent of sin and ask God to help you produce the fruit of repentance.
1. Invite God to show you any sin in your life. (idolatry, disrespect, unbelief in Him, gossip, malice, hatred, contempt, bitterness, resentment, unforgiveness, sinful anger, greed, selfishness, lust, sexual immorality, pride, self-righteousness, dishonesty, stealing, worldliness, perfectionism, people-pleasing, codependency, addictions, false teaching, open doors to the enemy, etc…)
2. Agree with God that anything He calls sin is evil and it has to go. Tear it all out, every shred of it. Invite God to cleanse you. Turn totally away from whatever sin God shows you.
3. Invite Jesus to reign on the throne of your life. Seek to exalt Him alone. Seek His will and His glory, not self and selfish desires. Agree to go His way from now on.
4. Go to any person you know you have wronged and apologize without justifying or excusing your sin. Simply say, “I did X and I was wrong to do that. I apologize for hurting you. I hope you will forgive me.” Don’t make them forgive you or press them about that. Don’t demand that they apologize for their sin right now. Their apologies and their forgiveness are between them and the Lord. Your job is simply to repent and apologize and invite God to help you change your ways.
If we hold onto sin in our own lives, our prayers will be hindered. We need to get rid of the sin that so easily entangles us so that our prayers can be as effective as possible.
Then God will open the storehouses of heaven and have wide channels in our lives to pour His blessings and healing into!
Share in the comments if you are joining!
If you are ready to join me in the spiritual battle and you are willing to repent of your own personal sin, please comment!
A preview of the next step
This weekend, we will pray together specifically for:
– Unsaved husbands and children in our midst.
– Hurting and broken marriages among us.
– Repentance and revival in our land (in each of our countries)
We will also be discussing the importance of fasting and inviting each of you to participate in fasting while we pray together.
Here is the post with the details about the 6 things to pray for and types of fasting you can choose to do.
Verses for the battle
* Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Eph. 6:10-12
* For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, 2 Cor. 10:3-5
* Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16
Find out how to have salvation through Jesus
If you don’t know Jesus as your Savior and Lord or you aren’t sure what it means to follow Christ, please read this post.
Please let me know if you have questions or need help.