It’s been a tough week for America emotionally and spiritually. I have wept over our nation and the church multiple times this week and in recent months. It’s extremely painful to see where we are spiritually and where we are headed.
Even though I believe things are about to get much worse, unless the Lord intervenes (which I pray He might), I don’t want us to be discouraged. Not at all!!! Let’s keep encouraging one another as long as we can.
This is not a time for fear. Whatever happens, it is a time for more faith and trust in God than we’ve ever had before.
Our God Still Reigns!
Kingdoms rise and fall. But God’s kingdom, alone, will last forever. We, who belong to Jesus, are citizens of His heavenly kingdom! Our God is still on His throne. He will still accomplish His good purposes. It may be that we, like many of our brothers and sisters in Christ throughout history and around the world even today, may go through a difficult time of trials.
The Lord may use this time to refine and purify His people. He may use it to make us more fruitful than ever. May we be ready and yielded to His leading and His will, whatever it may be. We know He knows what is best and He knows the appointed times and seasons for each nation, as well as for His plans in the end.
It’s time for us to have the faith of Esther, David, Daniel, Paul, Ruth, the apostles, and others. What if the painful trials we face and the shaking in this world are required for many to come to salvation and eternal life in Jesus?
I believe God wants to do huge things right now in the midst of all the chaos as we trust Him and continue to follow and pray. God can turn any wicked plan of the enemy into blessings for His people and His kingdom. He who is in us is greater than he who is in this world.
The enemy’s plans and motives are evil. But God’s motives toward us are good.
No One Can Take Away the Things That Matter Most
God has not abandoned us. He has not forsaken us. No one can rob us of what God has given to us. We are not orphans. He withholds no good thing from those who love Him. We, who are in Christ, have:
- His presence.
- His Word.
- His promises that cannot and will not fail.
- His Spirit.
- His love that nothing in this world can remove.
- His good plans for our future.
- His victory over sin, death, the grave, and this world.
- His authority in the heavenly realms to pray in God’s will into this world.
- His leading and Light.
- His mind and His heart.
- Every spiritual blessing.
- Access to the storehouses in heaven.
- Freedom from condemnation.
- Freedom from sin.
- Freedom from fear and anxiety in this world.
- His beautiful design for marriage, family, and our lives.
- His assurance of His sovereignty over the universe.
- His prophecies and warnings about the last days.
- His spiritual weapons.
Be Ready to Shine!
Remember, this is a great spiritual battle. The labor pains are coming more quickly and intensely. That is not a surprise. Jesus warned us that this would be the case so we could prepare.
I believe Scripture teaches that the rapture could happen at any time. I believe the Tribulation is very close. So I pray we will all be ready.
God can and will equip and prepare us to patiently endure and to obey and do His will for whatever time we have here. Only He knows when that day will be. He can give us the grace we need to face what comes with boldness in Him as we desire Him and His will far above anything else.
It is time for this generation to rise to become great heroes of the faith. Not because we are so wonderful or strong. We’re not. Many of us have never faced anything on this scale before.
But we can be faithful because He is with us and He is worthy of all of our love, adoration, worship, praise, thanksgiving, and trust. It’s time for all of us to be sure we are in right relationship with God and other people, as far as it depends on us.
My Prayer for Us
I pray that we will all:
- Keep our eyes firmly fixed on Jesus, seeking Him far above anything or anyone else.
- Stay in His Word and in fervent prayer.
- Follow Jesus and share the Gospel no matter what happens.
- Be filled with His Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.
- Love God with all our hearts, minds, souls, and strength.
- Cling to His promises like never before.
- Allow Him to strengthen our faith and infuse us with the courage and boldness we will need to face whatever is ahead.
- Be faithful wives and moms who honor the Lord in our motives, thoughts, words, and actions.
- Set godly, holy examples of love, honor, dignity, and respect for the Lord, for our husbands, for all other people.
- Overcome evil with good.
- Respond to hatred with love.
Things may not be the same as they were again in our country or around the world. But God has us, and our children, here specifically in this time period for His good purposes to be salt and light right now. Here in this place.
May He give us the ability, and may we receive it, to rise to the spiritual task at hand. To become the purified, spiritually mature Bride of Christ. To share Jesus and the Gospel with the world with great love, compassion, and courage. May we be the prayer warriors this nation and this world need at this very hour.
It’s not time to give up or to be discouraged, precious sisters. It’s time to look up and stand firmly. We know the end of this story. Jesus wins in the end.
- He has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.” Heb. 12:26-29
- How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you. Ps. 31:19
- For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. 2 Chron. 16:9
The ABC’s of Salvation
If you don’t yet know the Lord, please do whatever you need to do to set things right today. Let’s all be ready for the Lord’s return but also just in case today is the day He calls us home.
A = Admit you are a sinner and you can’t be perfect and holy enough in God’s eyes to be right with Him on your own. Turn away from your sin.
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Rom. 3:23
B = Believe that Jesus (God in the flesh) died on your behalf to pay the price for your sin and to give you a way to be right with God – to be forgiven. He lived the perfect life you couldn’t live. He died the death you deserve and rose from the dead in victory over sin, death, and the grave on your behalf!
“The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus, our Lord.” Rom. 6:23
C = Confess that Jesus is your Lord – this means, Jesus is now your Master and you live your life for Him and His glory rather than for yourself. You say it out loud to others and you live it from now on. You lay down your will and your desires and follow Him, inviting Him to direct and use your life for His will.
“If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.” Rom. 10:9-10
If you have questions, please reach out to me in the comments or on my contact page.
or go to: