To be “in Christ” means:
- I admit that I am a sinner and that I can never meet God’s holy standard of perfection.
- I believe that Jesus is God in the flesh (God’s Son) who came to live the perfect life I couldn’t live. I believe He died on the cross to pay the price for my sin. I believe He rose from the dead in triumph over sin, death, and the grave on the 3rd day.
- I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord. He is Lord of the universe and He is my personal Lord from now on. I yield my life to His control and live for Him, not for myself or anyone or anything else.
When I am “in Christ,” it means that God sees all that Jesus did as if I did it. When He looks at my life, He sees Jesus’ perfection and His sacrifice. It means that all that belongs to Jesus, His holiness, His love, His Spirit, His joy, His peace, His right relationship with God, all belong to me, too.
It means His death is mine. His burial is mine. And His resurrection is mine. It means I count myself dead to this world and to sin and alive to God through Jesus.
My Unshakable Identity in Christ
If I have yielded my life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, the most important thing is that I have HIM! He gives me all of Himself and I give Him all of myself. I get to have an intimate spiritual relationship with the sovereign Lord of the universe!
Jesus is the greatest treasure there is!
If I am in Christ, what is my position in Him? Here is just a taste of all the He has provided for those who love and trust Him…
- I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in Jesus.
- I am chosen to be holy and blameless in His sight.
- I was predestined to be adopted as God’s beloved daughter.
- I was called to become the praise of His glorious grace.
- I have redemption from all sin through the powerful blood of Jesus.
- I possess the forgiveness of my sins through Jesus.
- I have access to the mystery of God’s will.
- I was marked with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit.
- I have a guarantee of my inheritance in Christ.
- I am seated with Christ in heavenly places.
- I have access to go boldly before the throne of God in heaven!
- I am no longer condemned at all by God!
- I am set free from the law of sin and death through the law of the Spirit of life!
- I have the ability to live in accordance with the Spirit.
- I have a mind of life and peace as I yield to the Spirit alone.
- My body is dead because of sin, but my spirit is alive because of righteousness!
- I am a child of God and co-heirs with Christ if I share in His sufferings in order that I may also share in His glory.
- I know that in all things, God works for my good because I love Him and am called according to His purpose.
- I know that God is using all that happens in my life to conform me to the image of Jesus.
- I am called by God.
- I am justified. My sin has been wiped away and completely paid for by Jesus.
- I will be glorified. When I leave this life, I will receive a glorified body and get to live with Jesus forever in heaven.
- God is for me, so who can be against me?
- Nothing can separate me from the love of Christ.
- In all kinds of trials, I am more than a conqueror through Him who loved me.
1 Cor. 6:19
- My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.
1 Cor. 12:27
- I am part of the Body of Christ!
For more encouraging verses about our identity in Christ, please click here.
PRAY WITH ME
Please help us to grasp even a fraction of the magnitude and power of the truths of Your Word for each of us. Heal us from our skewed thinking or any lies we have believed about You, others, or ourselves. Help us to yield ourselves fully to You and allow You to empower us to live vibrant lives of faith for Your greatest glory!
What is the most powerful revelation God has given you about your position in Christ? We’d love to hear your story!
Identifying the Lies We Have Embraced
I recently saw a movie called “Overcomer”. In it, there was a highschool teenager who felt forgotten and like a mistake because her parents abandoned her. She was told to read the first two chapters of Ephesians and write down what it says about her. Thought that exercise, she was able to build her identity through her relationship with God and was completely transformed. It was an amazing movie with inspiration for all ages. I pray that all teenagers and adults would discover their identity in Christ and be transformed as well.
Ooh! That sounds amazing! I have heard great things about that movie,
YES! Imagine if we all discovered who we can be in Jesus and began to live that out in every day life. He may just use us to change the world.
Comments are closed.