If you have any lightbulb moments that God has given to you since you have been traveling this road to live fully for Christ or stories of the power of God at work in your heart, your life, or your marriage that you believe God is prompting you to share – this is your chance! (Men and women are welcome to share.)
I am especially looking for stories about how God used your growing respect and biblical submission to bless your faith, your walk with Christ, your husband, your marriage, and your children.
** I may use these comments as posts or even in a future book to bless other wives as God leads me – (if you do not wish for me to feature your story in a blog post, a FB post, or in a future book, please specify that in your comment.)
The thing I love about this community is how y’all share, love, pray for, and encourage each other. You bless me greatly! There is nothing I love more than to hear about God’s transforming work in people’s lives. Let’s share and praise God together for His goodness!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ SOME STORIES ABOUT HOW GOD WORKED THROUGH OTHER WIVES’ RESPECT AND BIBLICAL SUBMISSION, CHECK OUT THESE POSTS:
- Portia’s story – a wife’s new approach to the in-law drama honors this wife, her husband, her in-laws, and God
- The Dryer Incident – a husband reacts harshly to a wife’s good intentions with the laundry
- The Soft Serve Ice-cream Machine – a wife stops herself from trying to force her way on her husband
- How God Used an Old Truck and a Wife’s Great Faith – how God intervenes in a decision about whether to sell the old truck
- “My Husband Wants to Go Where?!?!?” – a husband and his single guy friend plan a trip to Las Vegas but God has other plans
- How God Led Me Through Greg – how God led me to write and publish my book through Greg’s leadership
- A Wife’s Respectful Response Calms the Storm – during a very heated argument, a wife finally begins to hear her husband’s heart and cry for importance in her life
- God Showed Me How to Approach My “Command Man” Husband – a wife learns to approach her husband in a way that he feels so respected he wants to share his heart with her
- The Painting Test – God changes a wife’s heart and her perspective
- My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge. With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come. Psalm 71:15-18
- “Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.” And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him. Luke 8:39
Come and hear, all you who fear God;
let me tell you what he has done for me.
I cried out to him with my mouth;
his praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;
but God has surely listened
and has heard my prayer.
Praise be to God,
who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me!
– Psalm 66:16-20