Nina Roesner has an amazing idea in Day 4’s dare!
Her assignment is for us to write a “positive, present-tensed purpose statement of who you think God has planned for you to be” in your marriage.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!
She suggests using the results of the test from yesterday – you can use the results from her questions or you can use Part 2 of the godly wife test on my blog yesterday as inspiration or portions of scripture may help you decide what to write: 1 Cor 13:4-8, Phil 4:4-8,13, Galatians 5:22-23.
What I would like for you to do is write down what you believe God wants you to be as a woman and as a wife and how He desires you to act in your marriage 4 months from now.
I like Nina’s suggestions to use present tense, ie “I am” not “I want to be” or “I should be.” And I like her suggestions to write positive statements, not negative statements like “I don’t” or “I won’t.”
She gives a fabulous example! If you have the book, definitely read it!
I am a Spirit-filled woman of God whose faith in Christ is unwavering. I have God’s Spirit of power, love and sound mind. I am bursting with His spiritual fruit every day. My husband and children often get drenched in the things that come streaming out of my soul like God’s:
- love – I love without expectation and without strings. I love others because God’s love fills my heart.
- joy – I have joy every single day because my identity is solely in Christ and He is working all things for my ultimate good and His glory in my life. I have been forgiven MUCH, so I love MUCH. I put Jesus WAY above everything and everyone else in my life. He IS my life.
- peace – I rest in God’s supernatural and indescribably addictive peace every day because I trust His sovereignty and I hope only in Him, not in people or in changing circumstances. I love God’s design for marriage and finding shelter in my husband’s covering, protection, provision and God-given leadership. I am so free, light and unburdened now! This is truly abundant life!
- patience – I have patience and grace to give to my husband and children because I know that God has been infinitely patient and full of grace towards me.
- kindness – I have a storehouse of kindness to share with my husband and children because of God’s great kindness towards me.
- goodness – I do my husband good every moment of every day. I know that we are on the same team and I am thankful for the chance to be his wife. I love speaking with respect to my husband and meeting the deepest masculine needs of his heart. I use my words to build him up, to admire him, to bless him and to affirm him.
- gentleness – I have the power to respond with gentleness even when others are irritable or upset because I see what they can be in Christ.
- faithfulness – I am faithful to Christ and to my marriage covenant because God empowers me to love Him with all my heart, mind, soul and strength and He gives me new eyes to see my husband with His love and compassion.
- self-control – I respond to my husband and children with a friendly tone of voice, with a smile, with a pleasant expression on my face and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to love and respect my husband and to share this life together. It is a gift.
I feast on God’s Word daily. I humble myself before God in prayer and I am a woman of fervent, effectual prayer.
I have a peaceful and gentle spirit that does what is right and has great confidence and faith in Christ. I am beautiful and precious in God’s sight because He has renewed my heart and mind. I look forward to this adventure He has planned for my life. I trust Him and I joyfully submit myself fully to Him, holding nothing back. I gladly give Him all that I am and all that I have and all that I will be and I joyfully receive all that He is, all that He has and all that He has done and will do for me.
How about you?
I’d love for you to write a purpose statement. Nina Roesner suggests about 100-200 words.
You are welcome to share yours here if you would like to!
You are also welcome to talk about how the other dares are going and anything that is on your mind! We are on this road together. I’m so glad we can share and encourage one another!