To call it out, checking his email to find one thing and then asking him about it when you already have the knowledge is not only setting you and he up for failure but is manipulative and VERY disrespectful and trapping!
A husband is responsible for his actions and accountable to God if he lies to you about something. However, it is not your job to do the investigation and recon work and then set him up to see what he will say. April, I know you have addressed this some before, but due to the content of this post I think it bears repeating…
Respecting him is voicing your thoughts, desires and concerns about emails. It’s not up to you to control him or “make him” tell the truth. Women unfortunately like to manipulate things, circumstances and people to get our way (guilty!). Disrespectful. And as April has said before, it’s a root or heart issue. You can stop the actions but ultimately if you don’t change your mind and heart, your (ugly) truth shines through.
- Thank him when he is honest with you.
- Don’t freak out if he tells you things you don’t want to hear.
- Tell him how much you value his honesty and admire it when you see him doing that.
- Enjoy him.
- Appreciate what he does do
- don’t interrogate him about things
- enjoy the really great emails he DID send you. THANK HIM for that!