One of our most important jobs, precious sisters, is to pray without ceasing for our country, the world, our leaders, our communities, our coworkers, our neighbors, our families, and ourselves.
Right now, I would encourage us all to spend extra time in our prayer closets in fervent prayer for the church, America, and the world for repentance, a new Great Awakening, and for mercy from heaven. We need God’s healing desperately.
Much is at stake.
If you are also able to fast one-two days per week or part of a day(s), please do.
This may be the greatest spiritual battle of our generation. Let’s use the spiritual weapons of prayer, praising God, fasting, thanksgiving, and great faith in the Lord to provide for His people. Let’s appeal to His heart to bring many into the Kingdom, whatever it takes.
What Should We Pray for Specifically for America?
- Repentance from sin in the church and in our nation as individuals and corporately.
- Godly wisdom for our leaders in the government, church, business arena, big tech, news, media, Hollywood, schools, medical field, and families.
- Us all to invite God back into every aspect of our lives and to kneel to His rightful Lordship, getting rid of every idol and false teaching.
- Protection from Satan’s plans to steal, kill, and destroy.
- The victory of Jesus in our land.
- Exposure of evil, deception, and lies.
- A mass spirit of humility, repentance, and salvation.
- Wisdom for our husbands and for ourselves.
- God’s kingdom to come and His will to be done.
- Righteousness, godly justice, truth, and peace in our land.
- The advancement of the gospel of Christ.
- Protection for the most vulnerable in our nation (the unborn, the elderly, the sick).
- Peace and unity in Christ.
- Forgiveness, mercy, and grace from God to all of us and from all of us to one another.
- Spiritual healing for communities, marriages, families, and individuals.
- The cleansing and purifying of the church and of our own souls that we might stand boldly for Christ and lead many to Him.
- Righteous believers to rise up to take the lead and point people to Jesus.
Encouraging Verses about Prayer
“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” 1 Tim. 2:1-4
“Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,” Eph. 6:18
“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chron. 7:14