From a dear reader:
I will be honest. When April released her new book, The Peaceful Mom, I didn’t want to read it.
As a mom of a special needs child and 2 other children, I do the “mom” thing all day long. I didn’t want to read about it in my quiet time too. However, I would see a review here and there about the book and the reader would say,
“This book is so much more!”
They would go on to say how much it helped them. I thought maybe this could help me, too, so I decided to read it.
As I started reading, I realized immediately that this book WAS different than any other mom book. This book was about:
- How to improve my life.
- How to draw closer to God.
- Most of all how to have the peace in my life I had been craving for so long.
I even sent April an email and said this book should be called The Peaceful Woman because it would be helpful to any woman!
April’s insights and wisdom hit home time after time throughout the entire book because she has been on this journey herself. I highly recommend, “The Peaceful Mom—Building a Healthy Foundation with Christ As Lord,” to any woman, whether you are a wife, mom, or grandmother—or even if you have no children.
If you are on a journey for peace, here is your guidebook.
What will you discover in “The Peaceful Mom” that could bless you whether you are a mom or not?
How to have peace with God first by learning to:
- Examine the throne of your heart.
- Put your own spiritual oxygen mask on first.
- Correct skewed beliefs
- Take responsibility for your own spiritual growth.
- Find victory over negative emotions and hormone issues.
How to have peace with your children and others in your life by learning to:
- Model respect in all areas of life.
- Avoid loving others (including your children) “too much.”
- Trust God’s will for people you love.
- See life through the lens of eternity.
- Avoid some common mistakes like – people pleasing, playing the martyr, loving with strings attached, having loose lips, and controlling others. Learn to love in healthy ways, ask for what you need in healthy ways, and model a positive body image.
- Count trials as joy.
- Live out forgiveness, mercy, and grace and set a godly example for your loved ones and children.
Thanks so much for reading! I encourage you to check out “The Peaceful Mom.” It may just be full of spiritual treasures God wants to use to change your life.
If you have read this book, I’d like to invite you to leave a review on Amazon, Christian Book, or Barnes and Noble. <3
You’re also welcome to check out my first book, “The Peaceful Wife—Living in Submission to Christ As Lord.”