Some people say that because I only teach women, I must be saying that men can do whatever they want and they are off the hook when it comes to being godly husbands. No, not at all! I am not sure how anyone could arrive at such a conclusion! There is no excuse for any believer to think that he/she is “off the hook” and not responsible to God for how they live and relate to other people. Men are at least as accountable – if not more so – than women are before God. (Those in positions of God-given leadership hold a greater accountability.)
Thankfully, even though I only teach women – the Bible still completely applies to men, as well. It applies to all of us! I hope that is obvious.
There are PLENTY of resources for our men and brothers in Christ. Here are a few of our favorites that Greg and I would recommend (some are wonderful for men and women):
– www.radical.net – David Platt’s site (search biblical manhood and biblical womanhood or marriage)
– www.desiringgod.org – John Piper’s site (search biblical manhood and biblical womanhood or marriage)
– Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood edited by John Piper and Wayne Grudem
– www.seriousfaith.com Brent Riggs has a number of posts for men about being godly men/husbands
– a resource about how husbands can love their wives is Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs he also has a website that you may search with this link
– Grace Filled Marriage, by Dr. Tim Kimmel, is for husbands and wives and is excellent
– His Needs, Her Needs by Dr Willard F. Harley
– The Resolution for Men – the Kendrick brothers and Randy Alcorn
– Other resources by the Kendrick brothers about prayer, The Love Dare, etc.. https://kendrickbrothers.com/projects/books
– Tony Evans on kingdom manhood
– How to Be a Godly Husband by www.gotquestions.org
– Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray or his book, Humility, are excellent resources for spiritual growth for men and women.
– E. M. Bounds book on The Necessity of Prayer will help any believer in his/her pursuit of a much more effective prayer life
My sites are for women. I don’t attempt to teach or mentor men out of respect for scripture’s instructions that women are not to have authority over men in the church. So I believe the focus here has to be on what God calls us to do primarily – not on what God calls men to do. My calling is Titus 2:3-5.
However, I do want ladies to know about the whole picture in God’s design, not just what women are called to do. And I want the men to have the resources they need. Y’all are welcome to search the sites I listed above or check out these two posts by a minister at my church:
My husband, Greg, also has a blog for men – www.peacefulhusband.com
Much love to all of my sisters and brothers and a very Happy New Year! I can’t wait to see what God has in store for each of us. How I pray we will seek Him more fervently than ever and that we might allow Him to continue to radically transform us to be the people He calls us to be.
If you know of a biblically grounded site for men that you would like to share with our other brothers, you are welcome to share in the comments. Thanks so much!