Some people say that because I only teach women, I must be saying that men can do whatever they want and they are off the hook when it comes to being godly husbands. No, not at all! I am not sure how anyone could arrive at such a conclusion! There is no excuse for any believer to think that he/she is “off the hook” and not responsible to God for how they live and relate to other people. Men are at least as accountable – if not more so – than women are before God. (Those in positions of God-given leadership hold a greater accountability.)
Thankfully, even though I only teach women – the Bible still completely applies to men, as well. It applies to all of us! I hope that is obvious.
There are PLENTY of resources for our men and brothers in Christ.
A FEW RESOURCES THAT GREG AND I WOULD RECOMMEND (some are wonderful for men and women):
– Grace Filled Marriage, by Dr. Tim Kimmel, is for husbands and wives and is excellent
– His Needs, Her Needs by Dr Willard F. Harley
– The Resolution for Men – the Kendrick brothers and Randy Alcorn
– Other resources by the Kendrick brothers about prayer, The Love Dare, etc.. https://kendrickbrothers.com/projects/books
– How to Be a Godly Husband by www.gotquestions.org
– Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray or his book, Humility, are excellent resources for spiritual growth for men and women.
– E. M. Bounds book on The Necessity of Prayer will help any believer in his/her pursuit of a much more effective prayer life
My sites are for women. I don’t attempt to teach or mentor men out of respect for scripture’s instructions that women are not to have authority over men in the church.
So I believe the focus here has to be on what God calls us to do primarily – not on what God calls men to do. My calling is Titus 2:3-5.
THE BIG PICTURE
However, I do want ladies to know about the whole picture in God’s design, not just what women are called to do. And I want the men to have the resources they need. Y’all are welcome to search the sites I listed above or check out these two posts by a minister at my church:
– Spiritual Authority – A general overview of the concept of Spiritual Authority in Scripture relating to government, the workplace, the church, and family by a minister at my church, Rev. H. F. Weaver.
– A Husband’s and a Wife’s Authority in Marriage – Husbands have positional authority and wives have influential authority. Both are important and powerful. By H. F. Weaver, a minister at my church.
– Biblical Submission Does Not = The Husband Is Always Right – Husbands are still fallible, even though they are given extra responsibility.
– A Husband Is Never the Absolute Authority – God is the absolute authority. There are limits to human God-given authority.
– Healthy VS Unhealthy Relationships – When men or women become too passive or too controlling, it is a problem.
POSTS ON MY BLOG BY MEN THAT MAY BE A BLESSING TO HUSBANDS
- A Precious Example – A Christian husband shares how he cherishes his wife and is sensitive to her needs rather than being demanding and selfish sexually.
- A Husband Experiences the Power of God in the Face of a Fierce Storm – How a Christian husband responds in the Spirit to the ultimate betrayal in his marriage.
I can’t wait to see what God has in store for each of us. How I pray we will seek Him more fervently than ever and that we might allow Him to continue to radically transform us to be the people He calls us to be.
If you know of a biblically grounded site for men that you would like to share with our other brothers, you are welcome to share in the comments. Thanks so much!