Greg and April – November 2013
I have been enjoying my email vacation and using this time to take stock of things, talk with Greg, pray and evaluate the direction of my life, my walk with Christ, my marriage, my mothering, my blogs and email ministry – and I have been enjoying Greg and my children!
THIS BLOG HAS GROWN LIKE CRAZY SINCE I BEGAN JANUARY 17, 2012!?!?!?! I HAVE TO PRAISE GOD FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE HERE!
Months and Years
Total views for 2012 = 215,981
Total views for 2013 = 1,096,656+
Average per Day
Average views per day 2012 = 614
Average views per day 2013 = 3,006
With the dramatic increase in volume on this blog (and www.peacefulsinglegirl.wordpress.com – which had over 450,000 hits in 2013) – I have also been receiving a dramatic increase in email volume. I have easily been spending 5-8 hours/day on blogging and emailing the past few months.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE blogging and ministering to wives (and to my single ladies, too)! This is my calling and passion. I never get tired of this stuff. I could seriously do it all day every day. Greg is very supportive of my ministry and it brings me such joy to share what God has shown me. I LOVE seeing what God is doing in others’ lives and watching Him do miracles. This has been the most amazing adventure of my life.
- I want to be the best possible steward for God with my time, resources and efforts.
- I want to be sensitive to my husband and to my Lord and be obedient to what Christ would have me do.
- I hold this blog and everything in my life, except for Christ, loosely in my hands – seeking His will far above my own. I want only to be fully available to Him, completely obedient to Him and to bring the greatest possible glory to Him!
My resolution this year is to find a better BALANCE for my family and ministry – AND to seek to bring the most glory possible to God in every area of my life.
For those of you who have been following me very long – you know that moderation and balance are some of my greatest challenges! I am great at 110% on or 100% off. Balance and moderation – UGH! I don’t do these things well at all sometimes!
I am the first to admit, I am not perfect. Anything good in me is completely due to Christ.
Greg would like me to spend about 2 hours/day on blogging and emails. I want to honor him in this. So, I am going to be implementing a few changes.
- Please pray for Greg and for me to have wisdom about how best to minister and best use the resources, time and opportunities that God has given to us to reach the precious people God has brought into our lives. Each one is important to me, and even more important to Christ! 🙂
- I am going to be using some more posts from the archives.
- I may cut back a bit on frequency of my posts at times – especially when my children and husband are home on vacation.
- I would like to use guest posts – as I have been doing. If you have a story that you believe God would like you to share about what He is doing in your marriage, please send it to me! I may be able to use it. 🙂 Please be sure to tell me if you want it to be anonymous or if you want me to use your name.
- I would like to share Christian husbands’ perspectives on many of these issues, too. If you are a husband (or you are a wife and you think your husband would be interested, you may certainly ask him!) and you would like to write an anonymous post for me about godly femininity, how a wife’s disrespect impacts a husband, how a wife’s controlling behavior affects a husband, what it does for a husband when his wife has faith in him, the power of a wife’s respect or about how much it means to you when your wife follows your leadership, or about any of the issues we talk about, I’d love to read what you have to say – and I may be able to use it as a post.
- I LOVE to share other wives’ (and husband’s) stories. This thing isn’t about me and what I do – it is all about God. The more examples the better!
- I would like to encourage people to comment on posts or on my Peacefulwife Blog Facebook page if possible rather than emailing me.
- I would like to encourage wives who are a bit farther along on this journey to join with me to mentor the wives who are beginning this journey.
- Emails – this has been the most time consuming thing for me in the past few months. I LOVE emailing with people. It is such a joy for me! But I have been spending 3-4+ hours many days on emails. Often, I get 100-150 emails/day. So, this is an area where I am going to need to make some changes. Thank you for your patience as I prayerfully consider how best to approach this issue. I may need to see if some other wives who have been on this journey for awhile might want to join me to mentor some wives by email. Maybe I can match up some wives with mentoring partners and facilitate discussions when needed. I want very much to be available to those wives who are in need!
- Prayer team – I would like to add more ladies to my prayer team. I need prayer! My marriage needs prayer. This ministry needs prayer. This HAS to all be about God, not about me. If you are interested in receiving emails from me about once a week with prayer needs, please let me know in the comments, or send me an email that you would like to be on the prayer team.
- Prayer day – I would like to have a prayer day, maybe once a week for us to all pray together.
- Book – I am working on a book. I need much prayer about this! If it is not of God, I don’t want to write it. If it is of Him, I want to be faithful and obedient to His desires for me. I am still uncertain about some of the direction with this. My greatest challenge is trying to figure out what NOT to include! There is SO MUCH I want to say! So I need God’s clear leadership, provision, direction, inspiration and His power to speak through me if this is of Him.
I would love to have godly resources to link to for wives who are truly abused. Praying about this, also.
What spiritual and marriage related resolutions do you have for 2014? I would love to hear them!
MORE PRAISE FOR MY LORD JESUS CHRIST:
I had always longed to be a foreign missionary as a teenager and young adult. Of course, back then – there was no internet at all. I have to cry tears of such joy to see what God is doing through this blog. It is beyond my ability to wrap my head around the things that are possible through His power working in my life. I long to be an open pipe that allows His Spirit to flood through like Niagra Falls into every life I touch.
I could die today at total peace with my life and all that God has done in my life- my walk with Christ, my marriage, my children, the ministry God has given to me. I can’t wait to meet each of you in heaven and to see all that God did that I still don’t even know about and all of the ripple effects around the world. I have no regrets. What a blessing to be able to say that!?!?! I’m so thankful for the privileges God has given me. Please pray that I might be faithful to Jesus to use this platform for His glory and that His truth, wisdom, love, grace and mercy might reign here and bless everyone He desires to bring here.
VIEWS BY COUNTRY IN 2013 ON PEACEFULWIFE
|United Arab Emirates||3,068|
|Trinidad and Tobago||1,319|
|Republic of Korea||911|
|United Republic of Tanzania||337|
|Papua New Guinea||150|
|Antigua and Barbuda||108|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||100|
|Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic||79|
|Palestinian Territory, Occupied||42|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||39|
|Isle of Man||36|
|Syrian Arab Republic||34|
|Turks and Caicos Islands||29|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||25|
|British Virgin Islands||20|
|Northern Mariana Islands||18|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||14|
|Micronesia, Federated States of||7|
|Lao People’s Democratic Republic||7|