CHANGES TO MY BLOG 04/2018
The main changes you will probably notice going forward are things like:
- I plan to clearly ground each post in scripture.
- I’m going to guard my time with more vigilance so that I make sure to rest and have my priorities straight with the Lord and my family.
- I don’t plan to give specific relationship advice going forward in comments.
- I’m going to seek to point women more than ever to Jesus for hope, healing, help, truth, love, and light. He has the wisdom we each need. I don’t.
- I want it all to be about Jesus, not about me.
My goals with my books, blogs, and Youtube channel are to:
- Share God’s message clearly and point women to Christ Jesus for salvation, hope, healing, power, and wisdom.
- Fulfill Titus 2:3-5 with the platform the Lord has provided for me.
- Fulfill my part of the Great Commission to share the gospel and make disciples of women around the world.
- Encourage and equip women to serve and honor Christ as Lord and to experience the fullness of salvation and the deepest riches and intimacy possible with God.
- Teach about godly femininity in an authentic, biblical way.
- Apply deep theological truths of scripture to our real-world family relationships.
- Give women powerful biblical tools and wisdom to use, with the help of God’s Spirit, to cultivate the healthy, beautiful family relationships we all long to experience.
- Share women’s testimonies of the power of Christ in their lives to transform them and to heal them and their relationships.
- In the same way, older women are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not slaves to excessive drinking. They are to teach what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands and to love their children, to be self-controlled, pure, workers at home, kind, and in submission to their husbands, so that God’s word will not be slandered. Titus 2:3-5
- Jesus came near and said to them, “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matt. 28:18-20
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Gal. 5:22-23
My focus is not changing as much as it is intensifying:
- Exalting Jesus above all else.
- Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Phil. 2:9-11
- And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself. John 12:32
- Sharing/applying biblical principles and wisdom for our walk with the Lord and our family relationships.
- All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. 2 Tim. 3:16-17
- Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold. She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. Prov. 3:13-18
- Glorifying God.
- Whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Pet. 4:11
- Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness! PS. 115:1
- In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matt. 5:16
- Encouraging us all to depend on God and to seek His wisdom for our unique situations in effectual, fervent prayer.
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Phil. 4:6
- Pray without ceasing, 1 Thess. 5:17
- Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. Jer. 33:3
- Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. James 5:16
- Sharing testimonials about how the Lord works in women’s lives.
- “Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.” And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him. Luke 8:39
- My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge. With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come. Ps. 71:15-18
- Depending on God’s Spirit and His Word to open people’s eyes and transform people.
- When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, John 16:13
- These things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. 1 Cor. 2:10
- No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. John 6:44
- Declaring and honoring His Word as the source of absolute truth and authority.
- For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Heb. 4:12
- Encouraging us all to walk in unwavering obedience to the Lord – in the power of the Spirit.
- “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” John 14:15
- “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.” Matt. 7:21
- Promoting that we all invite Him to help us to live out holiness in our everyday lives.
- But as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 1 Pet. 1:15
- I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Gal. 2:20
- Honoring the marriage covenant and marriage bed.
- Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Heb. 13:4
- And the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” Mark 10:8-9
- Honoring godly femininity, and being a godly wife and mother.
- Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.” Prov. 31:25-30