Like me, I’m sure you long for the most amazing, fulfilling life. You want close relationships with those you love. You want unfailing love and security. You want a life of purpose. You even want to be part of the bigger picture in helping the world become a better place.
Your heart longs for happily ever after because you were originally designed to live in paradise.
THE UGLY REALITY
Unfortunately, relationships with imperfect people in this world are difficult. Even marriage can’t completely fulfill you.
Life can be a lot harder than we ever imagined it could be. Sometimes, it may feel like you are living on crumbs and just in survival mode. It can be frustrating when you are trying everything you know to do to make things better and to try to grasp your dreams, only to continue to be discouraged, lonely, and frustrated.
People, things, and ideals in this life often fail and disappoint you, leaving you unsatisfied and discontent.
There are stresses all around you and maybe you are exhausted. You are running out of hope. You wonder how much longer you can hold on? You need help and a power source much greater than yourself. But where can you turn?
You don’t have to try to figure out this whole life thing on your own. Thankfully, there is someone who knows you deeply and loves you dearly who wants to help you!
God created you. He is the one true God of the universe who made all things. He knows how things are supposed to work in every area of our lives—even marriage. He has all wisdom, all knowledge, all power and He is good, loving, holy, sovereign, and just.
He is the only one who will never fail us and never disappoint us. He is the only one who can meet the deepest needs of our souls and lives.
He isn’t trying to hide His will and His purposes from you. He wants you to know what He has for you!
GOD’S PLAN FOR YOU
He wants to:
- Adopt you as His own child through salvation in Jesus Christ.
- Free you from your old sinful nature that keeps you in miserable bondage and separates you from Him.
- Give you a new Spirit, a new heart, and a new mind so that you can be in right relationship with Him and enjoy real Life.
- Empower you to become a hero to set other spiritual captives free and rescue them to bring them into His kingdom, too.
For I know the plans I have for you”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“plans for your well-being, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. You will call to me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all your heart.Jeremiah 29:11-13
After you begin to embrace God’s big-picture plan, He will begin to show you more of the details He has for you as you follow and trust Him.
HE CALLS YOU TO MAKE A DECISION TODAY
This very day, God is calling you to Himself. He wants you to commit your life to Christ as your Savior and Lord. He is a Gentleman, He will never force His way into your life. He will only come into your life if you ask Him to.
I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.2 Cor. 6:2
THE ABCs OF SALVATION
- Admit you are a sinner and that you can’t meet God’s perfect standards of holiness. You need help. You can’t be good enough to earn heaven. Like every one of us, you stand condemned before God on your own because of the wrong things you have thought, said, and done in your lifetime.
- Believe that Jesus is the Son of God (God in the flesh) who came to live the perfect life you couldn’t live, who died on the cross in your place, and who was raised to life on the 3rd day victorious over sin, death, and the grave on your behalf!
- Confess with your mouth that Jesus is your Savior and Lord and live to serve and follow Him from this point forward.
(For related verses, please see below**)
Once you know Him, He wants you to commit to growing in Him and to seeking Him with all your heart daily. He wants to satisfy the deepest longings of your soul like only He can. He wants to lavish His unfathomable love on you every moment of every day.
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'”Matt. 22:37
SO THAT YOU CAN EXPERIENCE PARADISE WITH HIM NOW AND FOREVER
God’s narrow path leads to great things! HIMSELF!
He wants you to experience being in a one Spirit relationship with Him. He gives all of Himself and all that He has to you. In return, you will give Him all of yourself and all that you have—not to try to earn salvation or earn His love, but simply out of overwhelming gratitude for all He has done for you.
This means He wants you to:
- Allow Him to crucify your old sinful nature with Jesus on the cross to set you free from slavery to sin.
- He wants to get rid of any spiritual poison (wrong thinking, lies, sinful strongholds) or doors that are open to destructive things in your life.
- He wants to heal your soul and completely fill you up with Himself, His Spirit, and His spiritual abundance as you are willing to totally trust Him.
- Experience His leading, His presence, His provision, His glory, and His miracles.
- Allow Him to radically transform your heart, mind, and life by His power.
- Let Him completely change the way you relate to others and in your relationships as He teaches you His divine ways and gives you the power to live it in real life.
- Live in His supernatural peace, contentment, joy, and hope even during trials.
- Use even your mistakes and any suffering in your life to help you become more like Jesus.
- Understand and know how to use your heavenly weapons, power, and the authority of Jesus to fight spiritual battles and bring about the victory of Jesus and demolish strongholds.
- Continually grow in your capacity to receive His love, to love Him completely, and then to love others with His divine love.
- Discover His beautiful design and calling for you as a woman (including as a wife and mom if you are married or have children).
- Be seated with Him in heavenly places even now.
- Live a holy life that pleases Him.
- Be trained and equipped to be a hero to others. He wants you to be part of His rescue mission to save them from the bondage of sin and Satan’s snares that they might also become children of God and join you in heaven.
- Allow Him to restore the “years the locusts have eaten” in your life and turn all the painful, awful things into beauty, glory, and miraculous blessings.
- Be His hands and feet to love people all around you here on earth.
- Have eternal life in heaven with Him—the greatest happily ever after.
No one should have to miss out on the most incredible love in all the universe in Jesus. Everyone deserves a chance to hear about God’s overwhelming offer of love and salvation.
HE WANTS TO SPARE YOU FROM MISERY
God knows that apart from your faith in Jesus’ provision for you on the cross, you will be separated from God forever when this life is over. God doesn’t want that to happen! He loves all of us and wants all of us to turn from our sin and turn to Him and go His way.
That is why He went to the greatest possible lengths to make a way to rescue you. There was no other way. Jesus asked if there could be another way the night before He was crucified. But God’s answer was that there was not.
Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”John 14:6
He wants to spare you from:
- All condemnation.
- Being ensnared by the enemy with lies, addictions, and strongholds that hurt you and your relationships.
- The pain and suffering that comes from living in slavery to sin.
- The pain that comes from being far from Him and His love and goodness.
- Satan’s plans to steal, kill, and destroy in your life.
When you choose to live for Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, when God looks at you, He no longer sees our sin and failure, He sees Jesus’ perfection. Jesus pays your massive sin debt (that we all have) in full and gives us His overflowing account if you turn to Him in faith. You no longer have to live as a spiritual beggar or orphan.
Please don’t put off this decision. As we have seen in our family in the past year and a half, time can be a lot shorter than we may think.
You have a Good Father who will provide for and protect you if you belong to Christ.
(If you are on the home screen, please click on the title at the top of the post to go to the post page. There you can find the comments at the bottom of the post and the search bar.)
If you have prayed to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, I would love to hear from you in the comments! I want to welcome you into the family of God and share some resources with you to help you grow and build a firm spiritual foundation for your faith.
If you want to share some insights God has given you or you just have questions or a comment relevant to this topic, we’d love to hear from you!
IF YOU KNOW JESUS
Let me encourage you to share this message of hope, good news, and blessing with others!
VERSES ABOUT SALVATION**
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Rom. 3:23
- The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus, our Lord. Rom. 6:23
- If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. Rom. 10:9-10
- But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, John 1:12
- For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. Gal. 3:26
- For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Eph. 2:8-10
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16