The Peaceful Mom ebook is downloadable for FREE today, April 9, 2018!
- It is a one day only special. What a wonderful opportunity to receive some encouragement as a Christian woman and mom.
- If you happen to miss the special today, there will be special pricing on the ebook of The Peaceful Mom from April 10th through the 15th of $2.99.
- Also, The Peaceful Wife, ebook version, is on special for only $1.99 through April 15!
This promotion is available on Nook, GooglePlay, and Kindle at Amazon.com, Christianbook.com, and BarnesandNoble.com.
My goals with my books, blogs, and Youtube channel are to:
- Share God’s message clearly and point women to Christ Jesus for salvation, hope, healing, power, and wisdom.
- Encourage and equip women to serve and honor Christ as Lord that they might experience the greatest intimacy possible with Him and partake of His abundant spiritual Life.
- Teach about godly femininity in an authentic, biblical way.
- Apply deep theological truths of scripture to our real-world family relationships.
- Give women powerful biblical tools and wisdom to use, with the help of God’s Spirit, to cultivate the healthy, beautiful, godly family relationships we all long to experience.
- Inspire women to desire to live holy lives and to model Christlikeness for their families and others.
- Encourage women to mentor and disciple their children in genuine faith in Jesus.
- Share women’s testimonies of the power of Christ in their lives to transform them and to heal them and their relationships.
- In the same way, older women are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not slaves to excessive drinking. They are to teach what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands and to love their children, to be self-controlled, pure, workers at home, kind, and in submission to their husbands, so that God’s word will not be slandered. Titus 2:3-5
- Jesus came near and said to them, “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matt. 28:18-20
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Gal. 5:22-23
HERE ARE SOME DIRECT LINKS
The Peaceful Mom
The Peaceful Wife
Happy reading, my sweet friends!
In December of 2008, God used a book, “Love and Respect,” (by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs) to open my eyes to a lot of problems in my attitude and behavior I had never noticed before. I was mortified. I had no idea how blind I was and how much work I had to do spiritually to become the woman God called me to be.
I didn’t have a godly mentoring wife/mom to meet with me once a week or once a month. I didn’t have a female prayer partner or an online teacher. But I was determined that I was going to learn everything God wanted me to know about being a godly woman and wife.
I spent about 3-5 hours per day (7 days per week) immersed in the Bible, books, prayer, and my journal notebook for several years. I begged God:
- Don’t leave me like this!
- Change me!
- Show me what it means to respect my husband. I don’t understand.
- Show me what godly femininity means.
- Show me how to be the woman You call me to be to my husband and children.
- Help me make up for my sin and treat my family well from now on.
- Help me obey You in everything. I hate my way. I want to do things Your way!
I read over 30 books on godly femininity, biblical womanhood, and being a godly wife during those 3.5 years. Those books and authors were my mentors along with much prayer, and – most importantly – scripture and the Lord.
I could read the books over and over again, and I often did, to help me really drive home the new ways of thinking I wanted to adopt. I often wrote notes and prayers in my prayer journal while I read. And I highlighted the books and made notes in the margins. Of course, I had to be sure to carefully evaluate each statement against the Bible. I only wanted to receive things that align with God’s Word. But books were a way for me to connect with people who understood God’s design for women, marriage, and faith so much more than I did. It was a way for me to have very low cost, high intensity discipleship for many hours each week on my schedule. I didn’t have to bother anyone else. I didn’t have to find child care. I found that books were very thorough and organized. I think, in many ways, they can help even more than having someone with you face-to-face at times.
I used the many hours in the evening that Greg was doing renovations on our house after the children were in bed and just soaked in every drop of God’s truth that I could. I began to really look forward to that time with Him and with my “mentors.” Even when Greg wasn’t working on the house as much, he would be sitting watching TV in bed. I wasn’t really into TV, so I would often sit beside him and cuddle while I read my latest book and communed with the Lord in prayer. What precious times of intimacy with God and of healing and growth for me spiritually!
Since that time, I have read even more books to help me grow in my walk with the Lord and as a wife and mom. God has used so many Christian authors from recent history, and from even the 1800s to help sharpen my faith and trust in Him. I can’t imagine where I would be without the books God has used, along with His Word, to open my eyes to His love, His truth, His transforming power, and His path to peace for me.
My Newest Book, “The Peaceful Mom,” is releasing today, March 27th!
Perhaps The Peaceful Mom – Building a Healthy Foundation with Christ As Lord, might be one of the books God uses to be a great blessing and mentoring resource in your life? Maybe there are some areas where you are struggling as a mom, and this would be just the thing to help you grow and experience more of God’s power and peace in your life.
Check out the quiz on this link to see if it might be right for you.
And, if you are looking for help with your marriage and haven’t read, “The Peaceful Wife – Living in Submission to Christ As Lord,” it’s here for you, as a resource and mentor, too.
Thank You for Your Word, Your healing and Your truth. Thank You for the blessing of Christian books with solid biblical teaching. I pray that You might provide godly books to help us grow. Lead us to the ones we need for each stage of our journey. Most of all, help us cling to You and Your Word. Transform us by the power of Your Spirit. Make us be more and more like Jesus. Teach us Your ways and give us the faith, power, and courage to follow and obey You in everything. Your ways are the best!
I plan to share a bit about what God has been doing in my life over the past 6 weeks. <3
Some of my favorite books – check out the books God used to most impact me on my journey
God used a number of books to help me grow in my faith, my understanding of Himself, and my understanding of godly femininity and being a godly wife. Here are some of the most important ones in my walk:
Books about Becoming a Godly Wife/Woman
- The Respect Dare by Nina Roesner
- Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth
- What’s Submission Got to Do with It? Find Out from a Woman Like You by Cindy Easley
- Dance with the One You Love – Living Out Submission in the Real World by Cindy Easley
- Grace Filled Marriage by Dr. Tim Kimmel
- Creative Counterpart by Linda Dillow
- Control Girl by Shannon Popkin
- The Politically Incorrect Wife by Nancy Cobb and Connie Grigsby
- Sacred Marriage – What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More than Happy? by Gary Thomas
- Sacred Influence – How God Uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husbands by Gary Thomas
Books about Understanding Men
- Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs (I suggest to only read the parts written for wives to better understand their husbands)
- For Women Only – What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men by Shaunti Feldhahn
- How to Talk So Your Husband Will Listen and Listen So Your Husband Will Talk by Rick Johnson
- The Man Whisperer by Rick Johnson
Books about the Impact of Radical Feminism on All of Us (including our faith and marriages) VS. Biblical Femininity
- The Feminist Gospel by Mary Kassain
- The Feminist Mistake – The Radical Impact of Feminism on Church and Culture by Mary Kassain
- Radical Womanhood – Feminine Faith in a Feminist World by Carolyn McCulley
- Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood edited by John Piper and Wayne Grudem
Books about Going Much Deeper with Jesus