What on earth is going on?
Do you find yourself thinking that sometimes?
I mean, there were several huge earthquakes just in the last two weeks. Not to mention COVID, global famine, record heat, crop failures, record flooding this year, record storms, and plagues of mice, grasshoppers, rattlesnakes, and other crazy things going on this year.
And, we are in the midst of a whole lot of rebellion against God in our nation and around the world. We call evil good and now good is evil. Things seem very upside down in many ways.
Most people realize that things are not normal. But they don’t know where to go for solid answers or how to find peace in the chaos.
It’s tempting to just freak out.
What is God trying to say? Is there any way we can know?
Thankfully, God doesn’t leave us in the dark about what is going to happen in the last days even though, unfortunately, most churches don’t talk about these parts of the Bible in recent years. But as we understand what God’s plan is and how we are to live, we can have peace and purpose no matter what happens in this world.
What does the Bible say we should expect as we, as believing women, approach the 7-Year Tribulation time when the AntiChrist will rule as a dictator over the entire world? What are we supposed to think and do when we see seriously scary-looking things happening around the world? And it feels like everything is falling apart?
It’s important for us to get the message from all the things going on in the world that we need God. Humans are totally dependent on the Lord to provide for us and protect us from harm. We can’t defy God and spit in His face and demand that He leave and then expect the blessings of heaven on our lives individually or as a nation.
We will reap what we sow. God will not be mocked.
What I Will Cover in This Post
I’m going to do a brief run-through of what the Bible says about the signs that the end times (the Tribulation) are drawing near and then look at the end times timeline.
Let’s be open to what God wants us to know and may He empower us to handle His Word rightly. But please don’t take my word for any of it. My opinions, feelings, and wisdom don’t matter. Only what God says is true. Only His perspective matters.
I invite you to study God’s Word, the Bible, and reliable sources for yourself just like the Bereans did to test what they heard against Scripture.
Before the Tribulation, the World’s “Birth Pangs” Will Increase in Intensity and Frequency
So what will happen as the last days of the Church Age draw to a close and that “The Day of the Lord” and His wrath is near? It is not that every singular event we see means the rapture is about to happen or the Tribulation is going to happen next week.
But there will be an increasing pattern that is tightening like a vise.
The Fig Tree Blossoms – The Greatest Sign of the End Times
- Israel will become a nation again in one day (May 14, 1948) after many generations of not existing and Jews being scattered around the world. (Ez. 36-37)
- Non-Jews will control the Temple Mount in Jerusalem until the Time of the Gentiles comes to its close. That is why, for now, the Dome of the Rock sits on the Temple Mount. (Luke 21:24)
- Israel will be ready to rebuild their 3rd temple (which they prepared for even now) because the AntiChrist will allow them to do so as part of the peace treaty he confirms with them. The 7-year Tribulation begins at the signing of that treaty. Three and a half years into the treaty, he demands to be worshipped as god in the temple in Jerusalem and they realize he is NOT their Messiah from God. (2 Thess. 2:3-4)
Major Weather Events and Disasters
- Great earthquakes in many places around the world, potentially even in places where they may not normally occur. (Matt. 24:7, Luke 21:11)
- Fearful sights and great signs from heaven. (Luke 21:11)
- Crop failures, food shortages, and global famine issues. (Luke 21:11)
- Major pestilences around the world. (Luke 21:11, Matt 24:7)
- Plagues in various places. (Luke 21:11)
- Wars and rumors of wars must happen. (Luke 21:10)
- Ethnic groups will rise against ethnic groups. (Luke 21:10)
- Increasing lawlessness, wickedness, and godlessness. (2 Tim. 3:1-5, Matt. 24:12)
- The love of most will grow cold. (Matt. 24:12)
- The Battle of Gog and Magog where Russia, Turkey, Iran, Sudan, and a few other countries join together to try to destroy Israel but God intervenes supernaturally and defeats them as no one else comes to their aid. There is debate over whether this happens before the rapture or after. But it is likely before the Tribulation. Notice that these alignments are already falling into place for the first time in history. Israel is also now on friendly terms with Saudia Arabia and other countries who will not attack them in the Ezekiel 38 war but who will question those who do. And, Iran is close to having a nuclear weapon and continues to escalate threats against Israel, which they call, “the Little Satan,” even now. (Ez. 38-39)
- The Antichrist will have the technical capacity to have a one-world currency system that is monitored at all times. This requires the internet and satellite technology, 5G, and AI. We see the stage being set. (Rev. 13:16-17)
- During the Tribulation, everyone in the world must accept the Mark of the Beast, agreeing to worship the Antichrist as god, for people to buy and sell. (Rev. 13:15-18) Note: this is not going to exist until the Antichrist is in power. We don’t have the ability to get the Mark of the Beast today.
- The Antichrist/his government will be able to monitor whether people are worshipping him and whether they are doing what he tells them to do through technology all over the world — much like China can do even today. Anyone who disobeys will not be able to buy, sell, or eat. Those who choose to follow Christ and not get the Mark will be killed. (Rev. 14:9-10, Rev. 13:15-18)
- When God’s two witnesses come in Jerusalem and speak for God, they will be killed and everyone in the world will be able to see them and will look upon their dead bodies when they are martyred. They will also all see God raise them from the dead and cause them to ascend to heaven 3 days later. (Zec. 4:11-13, Rev. 11:1-19)
The Rise of Globalism
- A push for a one-world socialist/totalitarian government like the World Economic Forum and Agenda 2030 with the UN are pushing now. (Rev.13-1-18, Rev. 17:12-13)
- Mockers and scoffers will increasingly mock God, the Bible, the church, and the promise of the return of Christ for His Bride. (2 Pet. 3:3-4)
- There will be a great apostasy, a great falling away from the truth of God. A rebellion against God and His Word. And an embracing of delusions, an antichrist spirit. (1 John 4:3, 2 Thess. 2:3)
- Widespread false teachers/false prophets, even in the church, who will lead many astray from sound doctrine and the gospel to lies and deception. (2 Tim. 4:1, Matt. 24:11)
- People will hate the truth and refuse to listen to it. (2 Tim. 4:1-2)
- A one-world false religion will rise up and, once believers in Christ are gone, all will follow it, except for those who decide to follow Christ (after the rapture) and be martyred for their rejection of the world’s system. (Rev. 17:1-18)
- Meanwhile, the gospel will be preached to all the world. That is a big part of our calling now, to make disciples and share the gospel until Jesus comes. (Matt. 24:14)
- All nations will hate those who profess Christ. People will hate God, the Bible, churches, and Christians. (Luke 21:17, Matt. 24:9-14)
- Christians will be betrayed, by their own family members, and many will be martyred. We have seen a great era of Christian persecution and martyrdom worldwide in the last 20 years that seems to be increasing. (Luke 21:12-19, Matt. 24:9-14)
God Has Warned and Prepared His People for the End Times Through Prophecy in the Bible
About 27% of the Bible consists of prophecy. These portions of Scripture are important! They describe things like
1. The First Coming of the Messiah As the Lamb of God
These prophecies were all 100% fulfilled when Jesus came about 2000 years ago to live the perfect life we couldn’t live under the Law, to die on the cross on our behalf to pay for our sins, and to conquer sin, death, and the grave.
2. The “Catching Away” of the Bride of Christ
The “rapture” happens before the time of God’s wrath being poured out on a rebellious world. Those who are dead and alive in Christ will be “caught up” together in the air in the twinkling of an eye to meet Jesus in the air.
All who belong to Christ are to be ready for this event at any moment throughout all time. No one but God, the Father, knows the day and hour when this will occur. So don’t believe “date setters” who say they know exactly when the rapture or tribulation will be. We have signs so we should be able to identify the season, but we won’t know the day.
This “catching up” of the bride in the middle of the night with no warning (other than a shout right before the groomsmen snatch her away to go to the groom’s father’s house where he has prepared a place for her) follows ancient Jewish wedding customs perfectly. I love reading about that!
(Matt 24:36-51, 1 Thess. 4:13-18, 1 Cor. 15:50-54)
3. The 7-Year Tribulation or “Time of Jacob’s Trouble”
This 7-year time frame is the reign of the Antichrist over the entire world. He will be a charismatic figure, likely arising from a revived European empire. The world will adore him. He will seem to have the solution to all of their problems and be charming. Every nation will hand over sovereignty to him completely, thinking they will then be safe and well-cared for.
Unfortunately, he will be a charlatan and deceiver, possessed by Satan, himself. He will be exceedingly narcissistic and manipulative. Not unlike some tyrants we have seen in the past and present. But he will have the entire world captive to his every toxic demand.
The last half of the 7-year (“70th week of Daniel”) is called the Great Tribulation. God will end His long period of grace and patience, pouring out His wrath and punishment on the unrepentant people of the entire earth throughout this period but the last 3.5 years will be especially horrific. There will be great plagues, fires, disasters, death, and destruction unlike any time in history.
During the last 42 months, the Jews will flee into the desert to escape being killed by the Antichrist and will mourn in a place God has already prepared for them.
For the Bride of Christ, the Church, these 7 years reflect the 7 days a Jewish bride would spend with her groom in the bridal chamber before the marriage supper and public celebration.
(Dan 9:27, Dan. 11-12, Jer. 30:7, Matt. 24:21, Matt. 24:29, 2 Thess. 2:4, 2 Thess. 2:3-10, Rev. 13:1-18, Rev. 12:6, Rev. 7:14, Rev. 11:2-3, Rev 6-9, )
4. Jesus’ Public Second Coming at Armageddon As King of Kings
Israel finally realizes Jesus is their promised Messiah, not the Antichrist, and turns to Him in faith as has long been promised in the Old and New Testaments.
Jesus comes (The Second Coming) in the clouds with great power and glory on a great white horse as conquering King with His Bride (the armies of heaven) behind Him. With His words, He destroys the Antichrist’s vast army gathered against Israel in the valley of Meggido, also called, the Battle of Armageddon. All Israel will be saved, as Romans 11:26 foretold. And He saves the Jewish people from certain destruction.
The Beast/Antichrist and his prophet are thrown into the lake of fire to be tormented forever. Satan is bound for 1000 years.
(Zec. 14:1-21, Rev 16-17, Rev. 19:11-21, Rev. 20:1-3)
5. The Millennial (1,000-year) Reign of Christ on Earth
There will be peace. People will live for hundreds of years. The lion will lie down with the lamb. All nations will honor and serve Jesus. He will be the king of the world on earth.
This is what the Jews thought the Messiah would be at His first coming. It’s why they missed who Jesus was. They were looking for someone to overthrow the Roman government in great power and military might. They weren’t expecting God in the flesh to come suffer and humbly die on a cross. Even though the prophecies were all there (ie: Isa. 53).
The Millennial Kingdom is the fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant. God promised a “root” to come from the stump of Jesse who would sit on David’s throne forever. Who would reign in peace, righteousness, and justice.
Believers in Christ will reign with Him for a thousand years. We will have responsibilities and jobs to fulfill.
(12 Sam. 7:12-16. Rev. 11:15, Rev. 29:1-15, Rev. 20:6, Isa. 2:4, Isa. 11:6-9, Isa. 65:20, Rev. 20:1-7, Zec. 14:9)
6. The Final Battle Against Satan
After the 1000 year time of unparalleled global prosperity, health, and peace, Satan gets one more chance to deceive the hearts and minds of humanity. It doesn’t take long for him to rally an army against Jesus.
Christ will defeat him and his army again and cast Satan and his demons into the lake of fire for eternity.
7. Unbelievers Face the Great White Throne Judgement
The books will be opened that have recorded all of their sinful thoughts, motives, words, and deeds at the Great White Throne Judgement. Unbelievers will be pronounced guilty and cast into the lake of fire because they did not choose to receive the abundant, generous salvation available to them through Jesus.
Anyone who rejects Jesus and His salvation, choosing to go his/her own way during life on earth will experience the consequences of what they chose — separation from God and everything that is good.
Only God is good. If we reject Him, there is nothing but suffering. That is the definition of hell — to be completely separated from God. This is the “second death.”
8. The New Jerusalem/New Earth Begin
Finally, in this place, there will be no sorrow, sin, night, or death but only rejoicing for believers in Christ (Rev. 21:2-3, Rev. 22:2-5). The curse of sin and suffering is gone. It is paradise restored. The New Jerusalem will descend like a bride beautifully adorned for her Husband, Jesus. There will be a new earth. The old order of things will pass away.
In heaven, all who love Christ and God will live in joy forever together. There, we will worship, adore, and serve the Lord and love each other.
The entire purpose of heaven is for us to get to be with Jesus, the Father, and each other in perfect unity and fellowship. It is for those who love Jesus more than anything/anyone else.
Prophecy isn’t meant to scare us. It is to prepare us and help build our faith as we see God’s sovereignty and promises at work and realize how faithful He is across time and in every generation.
The Lord keeps His promises to Israel, to the Bride of Christ (His Church), and to each believer individually!
Yikes! What Can We Do As We See the Tribulation Approaching?
I believe the trials and difficulties of recent years are gracious, merciful warnings from the Lord that we each need to repent of anything that offends God’s holiness and turn away from everything He calls sin to live under His Lordship. He wants us to choose eternal life and find healing in Him.
As He has done with so many generations and nations before us, God is patiently giving us, and all the world, time to repent (turn away from evil and sin), turn to Him humbly, and seek His face. He is warning us that His holy judgment is coming because of our nation’s sins and the sins of all the nations in the world.
Today, let’s be sure we are right with Him and that we have yielded to the Lordship and salvation available in Christ Jesus. Let’s make sure we are living each day for Him without regrets.
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
We, precious sisters, are to trust and obey Christ, holding fast to pure faith in Him.
Things we are to be doing while we “occupy until He comes”…
- Love God with all our hearts, minds, souls, and strength. (Matt 22:37)
- Love others with God’s love. (Matt 22:38-39)
- Honor our husbands and treat them with respect so that we don’t malign the gospel. (Eph. 5:22-33, Titus 2:3-5)
- Love and care for our children with the love, admonition, and nurturing of the Lord. (Titus 2:3-5, Deut. 6)
- Do not be deceived by false teachers/Christs. (Luke 21:8)
- Seek holiness and Christ’s kingdom above all else. (Matt 6:33)
- Be Spirit-filled, getting rid of anything from the sinful nature. (Gal. 5:17-23)
- Do not be afraid of wars and disasters. These things must happen, but the end will not come immediately. (Luke 21:9)
- Be prepared for persecution for your faith in Christ and for all people to hate you for your love for Jesus, including family members. (Luke 21:12-19)
- Be ready for Jesus to return for us at any time. (Matt. 24:44)
- Make disciples of Christ and work for His kingdom. (Matt 28:16-20)
- Share the gospel as God’s Spirit leads and seek opportunities to point others to Christ. (Acts 1:8)
- Bless others and give to those in need. (Luke 12:33)
- Pray for the church and for the lost to come to Christ and don’t lose heart. (Phil. 4:6-7, Luke 18:1, Rom. 10:1)
- Pray for our leaders in church, government, family, and business. (1 Tim. 2:1-4)
- Stand firmly for truth, sound doctrine, and righteousness and against evil. Hold firm. (Rev. 1-3, Jesus’ message to the 7 churches)
- Be alert, watchful, and prayerful. (Matt. 24)
- Spur one another on toward love and good deeds and all the more as we see the day approaching. (Heb 10:24)
- Avoid worldliness. Keep an eternal perspective. Don’t let your heart be weighed down with addictions, worries of this life, or worldliness, or the Day will surprise you like a thief in the night. It will be a snare to everyone on the face of the whole earth who is not prepared. (Luke 21:34-35)
- Seek and pray to be counted worthy to escape all of these things (the Tribulation) that will come to pass. (Luke 21:36)
Follow Jesus’ instructions for us in Matt. 24:36-46 to be ready, keep watch, and be about the Lord’s business until He comes.
How to Have a Saving Relationship with Christ
A = Admit you are a sinner and you can’t be perfect and holy enough in God’s eyes to be right with Him on your own. Turn away from your sin.
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Rom. 3:23
B = Believe that Jesus (God in the flesh) died on your behalf to pay the price for your sin and to give you a way to be right with God – to be forgiven. He lived the perfect life you couldn’t live. He died the death you deserve and rose from the dead in victory over sin, death, and the grave on your behalf!
“The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus, our Lord.” Rom. 6:23
C = Confess that Jesus is your Lord – this means, Jesus is now your Master and you live your life for Him and His glory rather than for yourself. You say it out loud to others and you live it from now on. You lay down your will and your desires and follow Him, inviting Him to direct and use your life for His will.
“If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.” Rom. 10:9-10
Lordship Salvation by www.gotquestions.org
Billy Graham: Have You Heard the Good News of Salvation?
This is a secular source, but a good source of the current ‘natural disasters’. They compile them weekly. Weekly. Each video is /just for that week/. O.o
It. Is. ASTOUNDING.
I’m posting it, in the event someone should need a non-Jesus source to casually show a non-believer.
Jason A has been doing similar compilations for years, and is a Christian:
I’ve been ‘watching’ hard since 2008, I legit cannot believe the things going on right now. Sometimes I fee like I must be asleep, it’s all so bizarre.
I just saw where our (U.S.) gov is calling people who aren’t flowing w/ all the Sharona 19 stuff potential terrorists or something.
Many of us are having our personal lives run through worse than the ‘climate change’ compilations.
I have never seen so many things, such a wreck, all at the same time. And I am old.
Every day that passes, I start to understand Matthew 24:12 more & more: “And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.”. Will He find faith, indeed. I worry about being able to hold on. Everything is so heavy, and hard, and that last strand of rope is so slippery.
Luke 21:36 keeps my nose above water.
Stand firm, even if you’re a heap on the floor.
He is faithful, even when He seems absent.
Yes, I have been following some people who specialize in end-time prophecies, too. Amir Tsafati with Behold Israel and Jack Hibbs in Chino Hills, and others. They used to only have a story or two to report each week when they would talk about current events relating to the end times. Now, there are so many things happening each day and each week, it is almost impossible to keep up.
I think about that verse so often, too. That the love of most will grow cold. I can see that happening before my eyes.
I also like what Olive Tree Views often shares, “It may seem that the world is falling apart but everything is actually falling into place.” God is sovereign. He is in control. He is good. He loves us. He wants many to come to salvation through Jesus.
He will be with us. And He will use the difficult times to refine believers and to seek to wake up those who don’t yet know Him so they can find Him.
So thankful that in Jesus, we can have peace, no matter what is happening in the world.
Blessings and love in Christ, dear sister!
I’ve been following those guys for several years.
Love you back.
Thank You! 🙏❤
Of course! I pray we can encourage each other and point each other toward Jesus more and more.
Thank you. there is so much I haven’t read but I’m already so encouraged. Thankful to have found this post n your blog. In these hard times our only true foundation is JESUS! Those who shall endure unto the end..the same shall be saved! We must hold on, Jesus will strengthen the feeble knees and the hands that hang down
. We will hold on. Amen.
Yes, dear sister! Our hope must be in Jesus, alone. Everything else is sinking sand. May we build our lives on the only Solid Rock.
Blessings!!!! And much love in Christ.
Comments are closed.