A guest post by Radiant.
From the Peaceful Wife
These petitions are primarily based on Scripture and the promises of God to those who follow Jesus. The prayers themselves are not magical. The Word of God and the Spirit of God are powerful! When we pray the promises and truth of God back to Him in faith, we are praying according to His will and we open the floodgates of heaven. This is how He allows us to take part in birthing His will into our lives, our families, and this world.
If you see a few verses or thoughts that stand out to you, you could print just those on a card to remind yourself to pray throughout the day and this week.
Praying in the Authority of Jesus Christ
You Are Our Encouragement
- Thank you, Jesus, that You are the lifter of our heads.
- Thank You that You have plans to give us a hope and a future for us our families.
- Thank You that You are pouring out an anointing of wisdom and love over our families in this new season.
You Are Our Healer and Comforter
For our families and ourselves, we confess, repent of, bind and send to the Cross all division, strife, hurt, self-effort, pride, offense, fear of man, fear of failure, critical spirits, judging, wounds, slavery, torment, perfectionism, religion, negativity, complaining, unbelief, hindrance, futile ways handed down by our fathers, forms of godliness without Your power, worldly wisdom and control.
- Thank You that You are teaching us to live by faith, and not put ourselves under the law and a curse.
- Thank You that You are pouring out Your healing, love and Spirit on each wound that each of us has spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically.
- Thank You that You are binding us together in love by Your Spirit.
You Are for Us
- Thank You that You have called each person in our families by name and they are Yours.
- Thank You that He who started a good work in each of us will be faithful to complete it.
- Thank You that You alone are Intercessor, the Author and perfecter of each of our faith. We give our own hearts and each family member’s hearts, destiny, past and future to You.
- Thank You that Your design for marriage is to reflect Christ and the Bride. We declare that anointing over our kids, their future spouses and our marriages.
- Thank You that if You are for us, who can be against us? There is no condemnation now for those of us who are in Christ Jesus!
You Are Our Freedom
- Thank You that Your definition of freedom is freedom from sin and the freedom to walk in holiness and obedience to You!
- Thank You that it is for freedom You set us and our families free. And if the Son sets us free, we will be free indeed.
- Thank You that where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
You Are Changing Us
- Thank You that You are changing the desires and delights of our hearts so that we delight in You, our Bridegroom.
- Thank You that we have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer the old us who live, but the new us. We are now one with Christ, full of the Spirit, covered by His blood and made totally new with Your resurrection power!
You Are Our Rest
- Thank You that You are making crooked things straight, strengthening the things that are lame.
- Thank You that a bruised reed You will not break, and a smoldering wick You will not put out. You bear with us in our weakness.
- Thank You that all of us who are heavy laden and weary are coming to You and You gladly give us Your supernatural rest.
- Thank You that we cast our cares on You because You care for us. We remove all yokes that are not of You from us and our families in Jesus’ Name – and we take on Your light yoke, Your joy and Your presence for each of us.
You Are Our Peace
- Thank You that You are our peace. You have made us and our families one, and have broken down the dividing wall of separation.
- Thank You that You will reign as the Prince of Peace in our hearts and our families’ hearts today.
- Thank You that no scheme of hell or man can ever separate us from Your love or pluck us from Your hand.
- Thank You that You are giving us wisdom from heaven which is first of all peaceable.
- Thank You that You, Yourself, promise to be our Teacher and the Teacher of our kids, and great will be our peace.
- Thank You that we are each setting our minds on the things of the Spirit – which is life and peace – instead of our old way of setting our minds on worldly things that lead to death.
You Are Calling Us
- Thank You that the Spirit of the Lord is on You (and now on us), because the Lord has anointed You (and Your Bride – even me) to bring good news to the poor, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, to open prison doors to those who are bound, and to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.
- Thank You that even though the enemy has been stealing, killing and destroying many things in our lives, You came that we might have life and have it abundantly. You restore the ruins, You give restitution for what the locusts have eaten.
- Thank You that those who look to You lack no good thing in light of eternity. Our faces are radiant.
You Are God with Us
- Thank You that You are flooding our hearts with You, to treasure You and be full of love and grace.
- Thank You that we will not bite and devour each other, but bless each other.
- Thank You that You are helping us live lives that will be good places for Your Spirit to dwell and bring good fruit and fruit of the Spirit rather than barrenness or thorns.
- Thank You that You are pouring out Your Spirit on all flesh — on us and our descendants.
- Thank You that Your Word and Your Spirit teach us all things.
- Thank You that You are giving us a beautiful crown instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit.
- Thank You that we will all be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.
- Thank You that You are working the qualities of the Proverbs 31 woman into me and my daughter as Your Bride.
You Are Our Victorious Warrior in Spiritual Battle
- Thank You Jesus that what the enemy means for evil, You use for good.
- Thank You that we will build up ancient ruins, raise up former devastations, repair ruined cities and the devastations of many generations.
- Thank You that You have given us every spiritual blessing, supply, weapon and tool we need in Christ for this spiritual battle we are in. And Your Name is Victory!!
- You already defeated the enemy. Now we declare Your victory over us and our families and homes.
We praise You Jesus for what You are doing and all that has shifted in the spiritual realm as we declare Your promises over us.
We give it all to You and ask for Your help for us to yield, be pliable and surrender our wills to Yours.
In the Mighty Name of Jesus and according to His perfect will,