I would like to do a series of posts about how different men process and work through emotions in marriage.
If you would like to answer some or all of these questions, I would appreciate your insights and perspective greatly! You may leave a comment on the post. The more men who answer, the better all the wives will be able to understand and appreciate how differently men deal with emotions from the ways that women do.
1. How affected are you by your wife’s emotions (good and bad)?
2 . How important is your wife’s happiness is to you when you feel respected vs. disrespected?
3. How difficult is it to put your emotions in words? Do you need time to be able to do this, or can you talk about emotions immediately during the conflict?
4. What makes you feel emotionally safe or unsafe with with your wife?
5. How easily can a wife wound her husband with angry/hateful/disrespectful words?
6. Is there a dark side to your emotions that you don’t share with anyone, not even your wife, to protect her? Would you be willing to describe a bit about this, please?
7. How would it affect your communication with your wife if you knew that your wife would be on your team and support you even if you were honest about your negative emotions and feelings?