Two years ago, my husband said to me,
“You’ve GOT to share what you have learned with other wives.”
I can’t begin to imagine a bigger compliment from a husband to his wife! He has been so supportive since the very beginning. We weren’t sure what that was going to look like. But I prayed A LOT and asked God to show me what/where/when/how.
I started sharing what I was learning in emails with a few close friends and my Sunday School class – for almost a year, I think. And then I started sharing some things on my personal Facebook page.
Last January, a friend of mine of Facebook said, “You seem to have a lot to say. You should start a blog!”
And that same day, I mentioned the idea to a friend at church, and I had no clue about blogging – and she suggested WordPress.
So, I started my new, baby blog and put a few of my emails on it as the first posts.
That first week, it got about 10-20 hits per day. Now, this week, we are at over 250,000 hits for all-time. It’s easy to look at numbers and think that means success. But it doesn’t! So, I try not to look at the numbers much at all.
I pray that GOD will lead the women to me that He wants to read each post and that He will direct the timing. I pray that God will prepare the hearts of women and open their eyes to His Word and truth. Because, honestly, I can’t open anyone’s eyes. And I can’t make anyone change. I have ZERO deity ability.
But my AWESOME Jesus is powerful. And I have seen Him miraculously change dozens and dozens of marriages – that I know of – in the past year. Some of them looked completely hopeless from a human standpoint. But there is no marriage that is hopeless when Jesus is invited into it by just one spouse!
My desires are:
- to abide in Christ constantly and make Him INFINITELY more important than anything or anyone else in my life
- to minister to my husband and children first, before ministering to others – to keep my priorities in line!
- to do nothing apart from the Word of Christ and His power
- to uplift Christ as Lord and glorify Him alone
- to point women to Jesus
- to exalt His Word
- to expose deadly sin that we are often so very blind to – but that is destroying us and our marriages (idolatry, PRIDE, disobedience to God’s Word, etc…)
- to explain how to repent and die to self
- to describe how to become an obedient servant of Christ and a godly wife
- to teach women what it means to respect their husbands
- to teach women what it means to biblically submit to their husbands, to empower their husbands’ God-given leadership
- to provide some practical examples for those who have no concrete, godly role models – so that women can have some place to start and get their bearings.
- to explain the internal renewal of the mind and heart that happens to reach the place of having a gentle and peaceful spirit that does not give way to fear
- to explain why we sometimes are living without the power of the Holy Spirit
- to show how to be filled with God’s Spirit
- to pray for the women and marriages of the body of Christ and to watch God work mightily in marriages
- to see Christian women become the godly women Jesus desires us to be
- to see Christian women support their husbands and catapult their husbands into godly spiritual leadership by our obedience to Christ and our prayers
- to see Christian women be raised up by God in churches around the world to teach other women God’s design for living and for being a woman, a wife, and for marriage and family
- to tear down the lies of our culture that have distorted God’s design for femininity, masculinity, Christianity and marriage
- to see the church become healthy, whole, mature, equipped, vibrant, thriving and being and doing all that Jesus desires us to do around the world
I’m humbled and amazed at what God is doing. It’s NOT me. It’s ALL HIM.
I can’t wait to see what else He has in store!!!!!
Thank you to my readers! I cherish you, care about each of you, pray for you, want to see you experience the joy and peace of doing things God’s way, and I love to hear from you.
Wednesdays are a special day of prayer here! You may leave a comment with a prayer request here.
Be sure that YOU are spending big chunks of time in God’s Word and prayer yourself – humbling yourself before God and seeking His face and to know His love more than anything else in your life. Be willing to let him remove anything that offends Him. Be still and listen to His voice. This is how you get the power of God to move in your life for His glory!