What Do You Admire about Your Man?

Ladies,

I would like to do a post on Sunday for Father’s Day about how much we appreciate the men in our lives.

I would love your help!

If you would, please answer one or more of the following questions for me to possibly use in a post:

1. The things I admire most about men in general are  -

2. The things I admire most about my own husband are -

3. What fascinates me about masculinity is -

4. Masculinity helps me to understand God’s nature better by showing me -

Thank you for your help!  I may not publish all the comments, but save some of them to use in the post Sunday.  But after Sunday, all of the comments will be available to read!

8 Comments on “What Do You Admire about Your Man?”

1. Maria
    June 14, 2013 at 3:52 pm #

Hi, April! I love what I’ve learned from your blog about how men mirror the role of Jesus and women the role of the church. It has changed the way I think about gender roles in my marriage. Just one example: it is true that my husband gets a thrill out of providing for me! I used to feel guilty, or not worthy of, receiving things like an expensive dinner out or what we call “frivolous” money, but he is happy to give those things to me, so I have learned to accept the gift with graciousness and enjoy it! That’s not to say that I deserve God’s gifts to me; it just illustrates that sometimes there really is a “free lunch”–I don’t have to do anything to be good enough for it.

One thing I admire about men in general is that (in my observation, anyway) they are less likely than women to do things out of guilt. They seem pretty clear about the boundaries on their time and relationships, so they don’t have the hand-wringing, “I don’t WANT to but I SHOULD” episodes that women can have regarding extra commitments and unhealthy “friendships.” I like how straightforward men can be about keeping those things in check.

2. lindagreeneyeslister
    June 14, 2013 at 4:34 pm #

Hi April, Great idea.
    1. I admire the way they think, so methodical and focused, and of course their masculine bodies! I even like the way they (blush) smell!
    2. It would be a very long list if I wrote everything I admire about my husband, but mostly it’s his patience, and perseverance. He does not quit. He’s also a brilliant man to have around in a crisis. He stays calm and takes charge with grace and finesse..makes everyone feel better. I love that he’s a brilliant man, with a very creative mind, that makes our life so interesting and exciting… I can honestly say because of his mind and dreams , in 40 years of marriage it has never been dull and I’ve never been bored.
    3. Great question! What fascinates me about masculinity is focus. We woman can be great multitaskers, but I love the calm steadfast focus of a man at work. It inspires and touches me…
    4. ..how steady and reliable, and faithful and consistent God is.. How safe are the arms of God.

3. tracymcbride
    June 14, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

1. The things I admire most about men in general are – the way that they are so protective of women in general. It is in their nature to protect.

2. The things I admire most about my own husband are – He is an amazing father. He works so hard to provide for our family. He works overtime so that I can stay home with my baby because its what feels right for us. He balances me out and makes me feel safe. He is also a wonderful leader for me and put family.

3. What fascinates me about masculinity is –
    How different it makes men. There is such a difference between men and women.

4. Masculinity helps me to understand God’s nature better by showing me – Strength. Men just seem to have a strength about them. Physical and emotional. They use their strength to be strong for others.

4. Robyn
    June 14, 2013 at 5:46 pm #

1. Men are BEAUTIFUL and FASCINATING creatures to watch.
    2. My husband is The Primo Alpha Male. He doesn’t back down from me. Through his leadership and dominance, he patiently teaches me submission.
    3. It is wild and undomesticated that says, “Women and children first!”
    4. I’m more balanced when I take into consideration both sides of God’s personality. Being female, I tend to lean naturally on God’s feminine qualities, which brings me to the image (which I’m sure you’ve all seen) of Jesus carrying the little lamb: relationally nurturing. However, there is the flip side to the God coin, the masculine. If it wasn’t for my husband’s interpretation of David and his Mighty Men, I wouldn’t understand the warrior heart of God, you know, “The God Who wars” and “God-of-angel-armies” –yes, God’s heart of vengeance.

5. Joseph Riani
    June 14, 2013 at 9:46 pm #

Thank you for doing this April! I think your blog is probably the only on the Internet that opens the floor for good things to be said about men. You are truly a revolutionary…..just like Christ!

June 14, 2013 at 10:07 pm #

Joseph,
      You are very welcome! I am really excited about some of the answers I have received. In fact, I am going to have to make this be at least two separate posts, maybe more!

But, I have to admit, I stole this idea from a friend of mine, Jennifer. I hope she doesn’t mind! :)

1. Tell Your Man How Much You Admire Him | Rock His World - June 27, 2013

[…] was looking though a website that I stumbled upon – Peacefulwife.com and I found this article “What do you admire about your Man” and I liked it.  It gave me the idea to write about the importance of telling your man, that you […]

You are welcome to leave respectful, edifying, constructive comments. May God richly bless your walk with Christ! (If you have questions about my comment policy, you may find it at the top of my home page)