VII A HUSBAND NEEDS A WIFE WHO WILL BE PRAISED BY OTHER PEOPLE FOR HER CHARACTER AND HER GOOD WORKS.
A husband is blessed by his wife’s godliness!
Matthew 5:16 – Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father, Who is in heaven.
The praise a wife receives is a reflection upon her husband (just as the praise a Christian receives is a reflection upon Christ – Peacefulwife)
Proverbs 31:23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sits among the elders of the land.
Some of the people who would recognize and praise a godly woman would be:
A. SPIRITUAL LEADERS
- Because she knows them and her needs. I Thess 5:12-13
- Because of her wisdom and discretion in ministry Prov. 31:26
- Because of her love for her husband and children. Titus 2:4
- Because of her submission and obedience to her husband. Eph. 5:22
- Because of her high morals. Titus 2:5
- Because of her home management. Prov. 31, Titus 2:5
B. HER CHILDREN should rise up and call her blessed. Prov 31:28
- Because of her virtue. Prov. 31:10
- Because of her harmony with her husband. Prov. 31:11-12
- Because of her wise home management. Prov 31
- Because of her alertness and skill in meeting their needs. Prov. 31
- Because of her wisdom and kindness. Prov. 31:26
C. HER NEIGHBORS will recognize her godliness
- Because of her generosity to the poor and needy. Prov. 31:20
- Because of her hospitality to visitors (and neighbors) I Tim. 5:10
- Because of her relief given to the afflicted. I Tim. 5:10
D. HER CHURCH will recognize her godliness.
- Because of her submission to her husband and thus not blaspheming God’s Word. Titus 2:5
- Because of her practical care of the saints. I Tim. 5:10
- Because of her faithfulness to her marriage vows. I Tim. 5:9
- Because of her ability to teach younger women. Titus 2:4
You have a witness! The question is - is it a good one? You ARE being watched!
Don’t criticize each other in public. It damages your witness for Christ!
The way the wife manages the home determines whether her husband is qualified for leadership in the church!
The BIGGEST GIFT for children is to see (a high) quality of love in the marriage relationship of their parents.
Not submitting to your husband (rebelling against him, taking control away from him) blasphemes the Word of God!!!!!!!!
The world devalues the biblical role of wife, mother and homemaker, but wife, mother and homemaker’s character adds value to her husband and glorifies the Lord!